[Asterisk-Users] Teliax to VoIPJet

Rich Adamson radamson at routers.com
Mon Jul 18 07:51:25 MST 2005

> I'm trying to setup asterisk to accept call from Teliax, request the
> 10 digit number from user, then dial it thru the VoIPJet. If I'm not
> wrong I will be charged by both providers because both connection is
> active during conversation. So my question is can I set the things so
> that I pay only to VoIPJet? Specific configuration snippets will be
> greatly appeciated.

In general terms, no.

The majority of the itsp's have implemented a cost structure
that is essentially a cost per minute per channel. Your objective
consumes two channels in most cases, even if the call remains with
only a single itsp.

A remote possibility exist where an itsp sip provider might honor
the canreinvite=yes parameter, but that would require a fair amount
more specific knowledge as to exactly what you're trying to accomplish.