[Asterisk-Users] Passing DTMF Transparently

Ronald Hartmann RHartmann at nnamtraH.com
Mon Jul 18 05:27:04 MST 2005

Good Day list,

	Does anyone know if it is possible to setup asterisk such that
it passes DTMF Tones through from One channel to the next transparently.

	I have a situation where asterisk is answering the phone on
Channel 1 (first channel of a PRI) and then bridges this call to Channel
25 (first channel of T1 connecting in a channel bank).

	I need to have asterisk NOT do anything to the incoming DTMF
from channel 1.  this audio tonbe needs to be sent transparently through
the bridge to the analog device on Channel 25.

	Any ideas.

	The problem I have currently is that DTMF tones are received
from the remote unit calling into channel 1 (at 100ms per tone) however
asterisk is detecting this tone and retansmitting it to channel 25 (at
what appears to be 500ms per tone).

	I need the tones to be heard by the device connected to channel
25 EXACTLY as the remote unit is sending them.

Thanks for your ideas, solutions or moral support.

~ron