[Asterisk-Users] Cisco ATA186 Internal Dialplan: How to send *8?

Brian Capouch brianc at palaver.net
Sun Jul 17 23:33:43 MST 2005

I have been beating my head against the wall trying to get my ATA186 to
send through the *8 (call pickup) sequence back to Asterisk.

The Administrator's Guide from Cisco would indicate that the first
element in the default dialplan *St4- would mean that any sequence of
digits following a * would be sent out after a 4-second timeout.  But if
I hit *8 it just sits there forever.  If I hit *88 it will send *88
after four seconds, though.

So I have found one thing that works, sort of: with the dialplan entry
of *8t2 it will send *8 to Asterisk if I hit *88.

For now, that's good enough, but my Sipura phones all send the *8
straightaway, and if I can't find a workaround I'll have to train
everyone to use different pickup sequences depending on which station
they're at, which is definitely sub-optimal.

I just wonder if anyone else has solved this.

Thanks.

B.