[Asterisk-Users] Problem while capturing DTMF digits in AGI

somesh s someshss at yahoo.com
Sun Jul 17 21:38:28 MST 2005

Hi All,

I have some problem while capturing DTMF digits in AGI
script.

My configuration for user is ..

[9009]
type=friend
host=dynamic
context=default
dtmfmode=rfc2833
dtmfrelax=no
disallow=all
allow=ulaw
allow=h263
canreinvite=yes

[9010]
type=friend
host=dynamic
context=default
dtmfmode=rfc2833
dtmfrelax=no
disallow=all
allow=ulaw
allow=h263
canreinvite=yes

And the script read like ...
use Asterisk::AGI;

$AGI = new Asterisk::AGI;

my %input = $AGI->ReadParse();
my $tests = 0;
my $pass = 0;
my $fail = 0;

#setup callback
$AGI->setcallback(\&mycallback);

print STDERR "AGI Environment Dump:\n";
foreach $i (sort keys %input) {
    print STDERR " -- $i = $input{$i}\n";
}
my $timeout = 3000; # 3 second timeout
my $wait = 1; # true
my $outgoing_number;

while($wait) {
    my $digit = $AGI->wait_for_digit($timeout);
    print STDERR "Digit ($digit)\n";
    if ($digit > 0) {
        $digit -= 48;
        $outgoing_number .= $digit;
    }
    else { #stop waiting for more digits
        $wait = 0;
    }
}

print STDERR "Outgoing number ($outgoing_number)\n";

------>

I will get the output as Outgoing number () and
digits(0)

Am I missing something here? Please do help me in this
regard.

Regards
Somesh S Shanbhag