[Asterisk-Users] Dialing via sipgate - remote answer does not stop asterisk internal ring until cycle finished?

Mike Dent mcdent at gmail.com
Sun Jul 17 08:46:04 MST 2005

Hi,
Sipgate works, I can dial out fine. When I make a SIP call with
sipgate (to pstn) I am presented with the ring tone (US style) from *.

If the remote end answers at the start of one of these ring cycles
from asterisk, it does not
interrupt the ring and the remote end just hears silence until that
ring cylce finishes, at which
time the call is connected.

It sometimes causes the remote end to hangup as they think nobody is there.

Am I missing something?

thanks
Mike