[Asterisk-Users] Implementing a ISDN home PBX

Arik Funke arik.funke at gmx.de
Sun Jul 17 07:48:37 MST 2005

Armin Schindler wrote:
> On Sun, 17 Jul 2005, Arik Funke wrote:
>>I would like to implement a inexpensive home PBX with Asterisk. I have an
>>internal ISDN bus with 6 ISDN phones. I now thought, I connect a Fritz card to
>>my Mehrgerateanschluss (Point-to-Multipoint) supplied by my provider and a
>>second Fritz card to the internal bus. Will this work?
>
> But if you mean to connect the phones directly to the FritzCard, then no.
> You need the card to operate in NT mode, which FritzCard cannot.

I meant indeed to connect phones directly to the Fritz card. I found a
list of cards that support nt mode with mISDN:
http://isdn.jolly.de/cards.html

Would any of these work or do they only work with mISDN but not with
Asterisk for my application? Sorry if this question does not make sense.
I am not yet sure how Asterisk handles ISDN cards. Especially with the
two capi channels.

What is the difference between the two capi channel drivers for
asterisk? Which one do I use for what? Or are they interchangeable?

Arik