[Asterisk-Users] Read error om sound device

Administrator TOOTAI admin at tootai.net
Sun Jul 17 01:47:29 MST 2005

Hi list,

I have an asterisk box running on a via C3 motherboaard/Debian Sarge.
Installed version was the Debian packages one 1.0.7-bristuff. I use this
box with the console dial command and it was working fine. Cards info are:

cat /proc/assound/cards
0 [V8235	]: VIA 8233 - VIA 8235
		   VIA 8235 at )xe400, irq 11

Now I installed the bristuff+asterisk 1.0.9 and always have in my logs

[chan_oss.so]: (OSS Console Channel Driver)
== Console is full duplex
== Registered channel type 'Console' (OSS Console Channel Driver)
== Parsing '/etc/asterisk/oss.conf': Found
Read error on sound device: Resource temporarily unavailable

Trying a "dial 3" command in console (config file from scratch) give me
BackGround("OSS/dsp","demo-congrats")
[...]
Timeout on OSS/dsp
<<console Hangup>>

/dev/dsp is a symlink to /dev/dsp0 owned by root/audio and crw-rw----

In a terminal, with mpg123, I played all the mohmp3 files without any
problem. Also, connecting a UA and doing the same Call to extension 3
from there is working fine.

Did someone else have this issue with 1.0.9? I try to follow whith
strace -o, this error is even not notice there!

Thanks for any hint.

--
Daniel
TOOTAI Networks