[Asterisk-Users] Multiple ISDN BRI Units with Asterisk usingBristuff zaphfc in NT mode?

Carl Andersson zaphodb at beeblebroxindustries.com
Sat Jul 16 21:15:44 MST 2005

-----Original Message-----
From: asterisk-users-bounces at lists.digium.com
[mailto:asterisk-users-bounces at lists.digium.com] On Behalf Of Zoltan Szecsei
Sent: zaterdag 16 juli 2005 12:54
To: Asterisk Users Mailing List - Non-Commercial Discussion
Subject: Re: [Asterisk-Users] Multiple ISDN BRI Units with Asterisk
usingBristuff zaphfc in NT mode?

 >> Maybe this is rather a hardware question, but I am posting it on this
 >> list because the probability of someone else of you having tried this
 >> is greater here than other places I can think of.
 >>
 >> I have an ISDN card that is setup in NT mode using the zaphfc driver
 >> in bristuff, and I got it working perfectly with one ISDN phone using
 >> a crossover cable and 100 ohm termination at the end of the cable.
 >>
 >> However, if I connect one more ISDN device to the ISDN bus both
 >> devices stop working, so the question is:
 >>
 >> Is it only possible to use one device with a HFC card in NT mode or is
 >> there something else I need to do first to make it work with two
devices?

 > Hi Carl,
 > I just started yesterday afternoon with exactly the same setup so you
 > are a bit ahead of me.
 > If anyone answers you directly then please be kind enough to forward
 > their comments to me.
 >
 > I have not even tried to sort out trunks, bristuff or anything yet but
 > it might be worth pointing out that my initial problems were
 > that,using
 > an old pIII motherboard with pci graphics, network plus 2 HFC bri isdn
 > cards, I ran out of IRQs. I had to lock down & exclude the irq for the
 > network card before the 2 ISDN cards woke up. I now have the network &
 > 1 ISDN card on their own IRQ and the graphics and 2nd ISDN card >
 > sharing an IRQ.
 >
 > Maybe this could be a similar problem for you?
 >
 > I'm  using this HW with AAH 1.1
 >
 > Keep in touch,
 >
 > Cheers,
 > Zoltan

My problem turned out to be a termination problem. When using zaphfc
together with other zap cards, it seems to be of importance in which
order the drivers are loaded as well - At least in my case it would only
work right if the X100P driver was loaded before the zaphfc driver.

I have got verything working now, so if you have any questions you are
more than welcome.

You didn't write if you intended to use the ISDN cards to connect to
ISDN lines, or if you wanted to create a setup like mine, with the
card/cards in NT mode, acting as an ISDN switch of it's own.

--
Greetings, Carl Andersson a.k.a Zaphod Beeblebrox
    Email: zaphodb at beeblebroxindustries.com - ICQ: 1705837.