[Asterisk-Users] VoIP with asterisk and x-lite

Kiraly Zoltan yo2lux at openbsd.wplink.net
Sat Jul 16 14:47:37 MST 2005

I have an OpenBSD 3.7 gateway. This gateway run Asterisk.

I have two windows box which use X-Lite softphone, and each box connect
to Asterisk using this softphone (X-Lite).

Asterisk use the following configuration :

/etc/asterisk/sip.conf

; Phone #1
[Phone1]
type=friend
host=dynamic
nat=yes
defaultip = 192.168.10.12   # windows box IP
context = sip
callerid="Phone1" <1>

; Phone #2
[Phone2]
type=friend
host=dynamic
nat=yes
defaultip = 192.168.10.5  # second windows box IP
context = sip
callerid="Phone" <2>

i have the following extension :

/etc/asterisk/extensions.conf

[sip]
exten => 1,1,Dial(SIP/Phone1,20,tr)
exten => 2,1,Dial(SIP/Phone2,20,tr)

One windows box have phone number "1" and the other windows box have
phone number "2".

I call Phone number 2 from Windows box with phone number 1 and work.

The first session started (Windows box 1 call Windows Box2 ) , i talk on
windows box 1 and i hear my voice on Windows box2. I close this phone
session.

I start a new session (Windows box1 call again Windows Box 2), i talk
but now i don't hear my voice on windows box 2.

I think this is a NAT issue . I don't hear my voice again until i
restart Asterisk :(

Any idea to help me ?
Thank you very much !