[Asterisk-Users] Sip registration question

Michiel van Baak michiel at vanbaak.info
Sat Jul 16 14:22:20 MST 2005

On 17:01, Sat 16 Jul 05, jerry at voiptower.com wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Quoting Michiel van Baak <michiel at vanbaak.info>:
>
> > On 16:32, Sat 16 Jul 05, jerry at voiptower.com wrote:
> > >
> > > The error on the console is:
> > > Jul 16 11:29:20 NOTICE[3361]:    -- Registration for
> 'userid at voipprovider.com'
> > > timed out, trying again
> > > Jul 16 11:29:21 WARNING[3361]: Forbidden - wrong password on authentication
> > > for REGISTER for 'userid' to 'voipprovider.com'
> >
> > Did you try to put the md5 encoded password in your
> > register=> line ?
>
> I didn't before (I wasn't sure that was a valid syntax) ... but I have
> tried now, same error. Is there something to tell asterisk to try an MD5
> auth, either in the password or on the registration line?
>
> Thanks for your quick response.
> J.

Hi,

I don't think it is possible to use md5auth on "register=>"
lines.
Have a look at: http://www.voip-info.org/tiki-index.php?page=Asterisk+config+sip.conf
The one line that makes me think it is impossible is right
below the "Asterisk as a SIP client" examples:
"Agreed, it's not very good to have a lot of cleartext
passwords in this text file, but that's how it works now. "

If you find out I'm wrong, please send me or the list a
reply
--
Michiel van Baak
http://michiel.vanbaak.info