[Asterisk-Users] Cisco 7960 Auto Answer (SIP)

Asterisk Supporter Asterisk at ratzlaff.org
Sat Jul 16 10:53:16 MST 2005

1) Trying to create a browser based "Click-to-Call" feature for * that
appears to the user as a hands free call on Cisco 7960 phones (SIP).  If I
use the Action: Originate function, the phone does not auto answer, but
rather rings and if answered initiates the call.  If I manaually change
the line to auto answer (Intercom)in the 7960 configuration, it auto
answers, but all calls to that "extension" auto answer. I know the work
around with a dedicated extension for originating calls, but was hoping
for a better solution.

Currently, Covad appears to have an auto answer feature that is software
controled, as it works on these Cisco phones with them, (they are using
MCGP).  So at least I know it is possible. I have found very little
documentation using * with MCGP.  Anyone have a solution?

2) Is there a "commerial grade" termination service for toll free numbers
that is "toll free"?  I am looking at 25 to 75 sustained (outbound) calls
per hour.  Most of the LD termination services appear to charge the same
for LD as toll free numbers in the US.