[Asterisk-Users] Hangup Detection with busydetect

Mehmet Tolga Avcioglu mehmet at orlank.com
Sat Jul 16 09:12:49 MST 2005

My telco doesn't provide Disconnect Supervision or Polarity Change. So I
figured I have to detect hangups with busydetect=yes in zapata.conf.

I tested it. When the telco sends a busy tone * detects it and hangsup.
So far so good. The problem is the telco doesn't always send a busy
after remote hangup. Most of the time it sends a congestion tone. I am
guessing these tones from what I read on indications.conf.

"diit    diit    diit" for busy
"diit diit diit diiiiiit" for congestion

busy = 450/500,0/500
congestion = 450/200,0/200,450/200,0/200,450/200,0/200,450/600,0/200

Looks like I have the correct setting for my country in
indications.conf, verified it with ITU tones document.

So at this point I figure I need to somehow make * detect both busy and
congestion as same and hangup. I tried different BUSYDETECT algorithms,
poked around at source code. Couldn't figure it out.

Just to test what happens, I tried to change the tones for busy and
replace it with the tones for congestion in indications.conf. To my
surprise * continued to detect the old busy tone correctly and ignored
the new tones I put in. I did the same in zaptel/zonedata.c and still *
continues to detect the old busy tone correctly and ignores the new one
I put in. So at this point I am totally confused. I don't even know
where * gets the information about the tones.

I am using CVS-HEAD as of today.

Thank you

--
Mehmet