[Asterisk-Users] RE: 2 asterisks connected but trying to bridge

Anton Krall akrall-lists at intruder.com.mx
Sat Jul 16 04:47:47 MST 2005

How can I disable that native bridge stuff?

The scenario I have here is this.

The main asterisk is behind a nat firewall and is routing port 4569 to that
asterisk.
The remote asterisk is also behind a nat and firewall.
Both asterisk are connected thru an openvpn and they can see each other
perfectly.

Sip phones are local to the remote asterisk and they connect to it.
That asterisk has a dialplan which routes any call to the main asterisk via
IAX2.
Weird thing happens, when a sip phone calls any number, the call is routed
thru the remote asterisk to the main one, but I see warning messages on the
remote asterisk (local to the sip phone which is where they are connecting
to) about sip too many retries.

Calls go thru the main asterisk and when answered you get the native
transfer messages and audio is on one side only, the remote sip phone can
heard the call but any phones connected to the main asterisk cant heard the
remote sip phone.

Why is happening here, why the warning about too many retries for the sips
on the remote asterisk (which is local to them) and why am I getting just
one way audio since both asterisk connect to each other via an openvpn with
any firewall enabled?

Can somebody help me out on this, its killing me, asterisk works great
locally but Im having a very hard time making 2 asterisk work with each
other with phones connected locally to them.

Hope you can help me out Guys with some tips from people that have dodged
this kind of problems.

Thank you.