[Asterisk-Users] Beginners question -- IAX

Tzafrir Cohen tzafrir at cohens.org.il
Sat Jul 16 04:34:55 MST 2005

Hi

As a general note: if you want to start a new thread, don't reply to an
existing message: Write a new message. Otherwise your message will
appear as a reply and be buried somewhere down a thread that nobody
cares about.

http://voip-info.org/wiki-Asterisk

> I am trying to do two things at the moment:
> 1. I want to learn
> 2. I want to conenct MozPhone to my * (wiki does not have much on it)

I'd try iaxcomm for a nice, simple and free soft-phone. MozPHone has
been around for a while, but I still don't see it in the firefox addons
site. Any idea why?

> 3. I want to connect two * servers at different locations.
>
> I have looked at asterisk wiki and dis not find IAX stuff (may be I did not
> dig deep enough).

So now you'll have to be more specific. Do you have an Asterisk system?
Have you tried doing the above? If so: what are the problems?