[Asterisk-Users] Polycom configs?

Chris Mason lists at masonc.com
Fri Jul 15 20:13:11 MST 2005

Ted Serreyn wrote:

>Ditto, I only have a couple of the polycomm phones spent the better part of
>1 day figuring out how to get them configured properly.

I've had a lot of response like this which leads me to think there is a
need for some documentation on the subject, I know I found that lacking
when I was setting up the first phones. I have now done lots of
variations with both DHCP provisioned and stand alone configured ftp
settings with multiple registrations, public NTP, all picking up config
files from a central FTP server. I have also done web configured phones
but that sucks.
What does the list suggest as the proper place to document installation?
I would be happy to expand the voip-info wiki on polycoms, and develop
the script to be mroe generic. Right now it is purely for my own use,
there is no error checking, no validation, no help, documentation or
options. Please let me know what the script should do.

Chris