[Asterisk-Users] OT (kinda): Justification for adding Asterisk to the business plan

/dev/null jedispamhopper at comcast.net
Fri Jul 15 04:17:37 MST 2005

Greetings all,

I'm trying to build a justification case to get the firm I work for to start
working with Asterisk more.  How could I build this case?

The argument I'm raising is that people need phones.  PBX systems are too
expensive for fewer options and less expansion capabilities.  Leveraging
Asterisk in the business plan would allow for more consulting revenue and
resale opportunities.  As their business grows or reconfigures, the call
back to reconfigure mail boxes and install additional IVR into the system
would allow for better work flow and more interactive customer service.

Problem is, they simply cannot see how Asterisk can fit into a normal IT
consulting business plan as it's a Telephone thing and not a IT thing.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Don