[Asterisk-Users] PSTN to SIP gateway

Nick Kartsioukas change-asterisk at skymessage.net
Thu Jul 14 21:22:06 MST 2005

I've been looking through the examples and docs, but haven't yet quite
figured out how to do what I want.
We've got a T1 coming in carrying a block of telephone numbers,
terminating on an Asterisk box.  Any call that comes in needs to get
sent to a SIP proxy, with a particular extension format:
	*ANI*DNIS*@sipproxy.address
The closest I can see to do this with the Dial() command is:
	Dial(SIP/*$CALLERIDNUM*$DNID*@sipproxy.address)
but I'm not sure if that will even parse correctly...

So:
	exten => _X,1,Dial(SIP/*$CALLERIDNUM*$DNID*@sipproxy.address)
is what I think I need in my extensions.conf in order to catch all
incoming numbers and initiate a SIP connection for them.

Please have mercy on me, I've been perusing docs all day, and it's
entirely possible I'm just trying to absorb too much too fast and am
missing something obvious :)  Thanks to any who can help!

--
Nick Kartsioukas
Sky Way Networks, LLC