[Asterisk-Users] Any way to authenticate SIP peers using SRV?

Brian Capouch brianc at palaver.net
Thu Jul 14 18:32:00 MST 2005

A group which my school is part of wants to start using DNS SRV records
to allow "email-style" dialing amongst members of the group.

I have gotten the records in our zonefiles, and things work pretty much
just fine.

However, since the DNS server can only specify a host and port, there
doesn't seem to be any way to authenticate the user coming in.

Is that the case?  Is there a fix?

Thanks in advance for anyone who might be able to shed some light.  I've
been to the Wiki and list archives, btw.

B.