[Asterisk-Users] Can Asterisk ring a specific extension based on the number the outside caller dialed?

Jeff Ramsey ramsejc at tubafor.com
Thu Jul 14 13:33:16 MST 2005

If I have six channels of a T1 dedicated to Voice, and have 24 phone numbers
in a hunt group so that any of the 24 numbers will ring the next available
of the six T1 channels, can Asterisk ring a certain extension when a certain
number was dialed? For instance, can I dial xxx-xxx-xxx1 and get extension
1, and then dial xxx-xxx-xxx2 and get extension 2?

Direct Dialing is what I am trying to accomplish. But still having an IP
phone system with auto answer on nights, voicemail, and all of the other
features that Asterisk brings to the table.

--
Jeff Ramsey
MIS Administrator