[Asterisk-Users] PRI Channel Question

Ronald Hartmann RHartmann at nnamtraH.com
Thu Jul 14 11:28:28 MST 2005

Good Day All,

	I am experiencing some weirdness using the E&M channel and hope
you can offer a little assistance with the problem I am having.

1) call comes into channel 25 (Second Span first channel of a Digium
Quad PRI from SBC-PRI)
2) Call is sent to channel 1 (First Span first channel on the Digium
Quad PRI connecting an ADTRAN via E&M Feature Group D)
3) Between rings one and two the DNIS and ANI is sent then the unit
answers the call.

I barge into channel 25 and listen in on phone 1
I Barge into Channel 1 and listen in on phone 2

PHONE 1 )While listening in to Channel 25 I get the following:

	1) I hear two rings
	2) I hear the IVR System on channel 1 answer the call
	3) I hear the IVR System request the account code
	3) I hear the remote unit send (16 DTMF CODES RAPIDLY within a 2
seconds)

Phone 2) While listening in to channel 1 I get the following

	1) I hear the IVR System answer the call
	2) I hear the IVR System request the account code
		(note the above 2 things were heard simultaneously with
phone 1)
	3) I hear the DTMF (account Code) come in however it takes many
seconds longer than what was heard on Phone 1
		Phone 1 hears 3 sets of DTMF Codes before Phone 2 hears
even the initial 16 digits (the remote unit sends the codes 3 times if
there is no response after each attempt)

The problem is that the IVR System expects these DTMF Codes with the
initial 2 seconds.

The DTMF Tones from the outside caller are heard appropriately on the
inbound channel (25), however when we (bridge them) to Channel 1 the
tones are
heard much slower causing the IVR system to refuse the caller.

MAtt, I am trying to figure out how or where asterisk is messing with
these codes?

Here are my settings

[zapata.conf]
[channels]
context=from-internal-receiver ; Points to the default context of your
extensions.conf
language=en
faxdetect=none
usecallerid=yes
signalling=featd ; FXS for ringing phones
callerid=asreceived
group=0
threewaycalling=yes
transfer=yes
flash=350
;rxflash=350
rxwink=300
prewink=20~~
echocancel=no ; You can set this to 32, 64, or 128, tweak to your needs.
echocancelwhenbridged=no
immediate=no
channel => 1-24
signalling=pri_cpe ; pri_cpe = PRI slave ; pri_net = PRI master
switchtype=national
pridialplan=unknown

echocancel=no ; You can set this to 32, 64, or 128, tweak to your needs.
echocancelwhenbridged=no

usecallerid=yes
callerid=asreceived
immediate=no
group=1
context=from-pstn
channel => 25-47 ; Set this to 1-15,17-31 for E1
group=2
signalling=pri_cpe ; pri_cpe = PRI slave ; pri_net = PRI master
switchtype=national
channel => 49-71 ; Set this to 1-15,17-31 for E1

[zaptel.conf]
span=1,1,0,esf,b8zs
e&m=1-24
span=2,1,0,esf,b8zs
bchan=25-47 # set this to 1-15,17-31 for E1
dchan= 48# set this to 16 for E1
span=3,1,0,esf,b8zs
bchan=49-71 # set this to 1-15,17-31 for E1
dchan= 72# set this to 16 for E1

defaultzone=us
loadzone=us

Configuration is 2 incoming PRI's (spans 2 & 3)
T1 E&M connection to an Adtran TA624 using Feature group D. connecting
in my IVR System.

~ron