[Asterisk-Users] NO calling tone

Michiel van Baak michiel at vanbaak.info
Thu Jul 14 07:27:09 MST 2005

On 14:12, Thu 14 Jul 05, Bill Wong wrote:
> Thank you Michiel.
> I tried to remove m and use r , but still not working, after I change r
> to R , it is working. Anybody know why?

This is in the 'show application dial'

'r' -- indicate ringing to the calling party, pass no audio until answered.
'R' -- indicate ringing to the calling party 	when the called party indicates
	ringing, pass no audio until answered.

strange the r is not working.
R will not generate ringing sound, it will simply pass the
ringing sound the other end provides.