[Asterisk-Users] SpanDSP rxfax, no tiff

Kristof Hardy kristof.hardy at catsanddogs.com
Thu Jul 14 06:31:35 MST 2005

Rob Danz wrote:
> If I leave the mailfax step out entirely, then there should be a .tif
> file, right?  But there’s not.  No tif file gets created at all.
> Permissions on the fax folder are 777 at the moment.

Are the permissions okay for getting TO that folder? (do you have r+x on
the directories 'above' the fax folder?)

> Thanks for the responses so far.

Just trying to help out, I'm using ISDN lines with a DID, for receiving
I do this..

If one calls number X, then Goto(custom-fax,s,1) and then..

[custom-fax]
exten => s,1,Answer
exten => s,2,Macro(faxreceive)
exten => s,3,SetVar(ONZENID=${UNIQUEID})
exten => h,1,system(/usr/local/sbin/mailfax ${FAXFILE}
myemail at mydomain.com "${CALLERIDNUM} ${CALLERIDNAME}" ${ONZENID})

[macro-faxreceive]
exten => s,1,SetVar(FAXFILE=/var/spool/asterisk/fax/${UNIQUEID}.tif)
exten => s,2,SetVar(EMAILADDR=${FAX_RX_EMAIL})
exten => s,3,rxfax(${FAXFILE})
exten => s,103,SetVar(EMAILADDR=${FAX_RX_EMAIL})
exten => s,104,Goto(3)

The [macro-faxrecevive] is from AMP (wich I'm using for managing asterisk)

Hope you can do something with this.. :-)

Cheers