[Asterisk-Users] Re: Asterisk and Dell SC420 Server

John Novack jnovack at stromberg-carlson.org
Thu Jul 14 06:32:50 MST 2005

calvis wrote:

>Thanks for pointing this out.  In my first attempts with Asterisk I was trying to configure a DELL SC400 machine.  To my dismay I could never get it working right.  I am not the most technical person in the world so I just assumed that Asterisk configuration was beyond my skill level.  Now it is dawning on me that it might have been a hardware problem all along.
>
>With this new revelation I want to play around with Asterisk again.  Could someone please point me to the 'Approved Hardware List'?
>
>Thanks,

Unfortunately, Digium doesn't provide such a list.
All they provide is a very short list of hardware that is known not to
work, and support's answer for other hardware  that doesn't seem to work
is "try another motherboard"

The TDM400 in particular doesn't seem to  work with many motherboards
that are supposed to be PCI 2.2
Regardless, any Digium board can't stand sharing an interrupt, so make
sure you have good control of that in the BIOS.

John Novack