[Asterisk-Users] auto dialing - call file - channel variable question

1 2 vortex_0_o at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 14 02:08:43 MST 2005

Hi

When using a call file to place a call I can't seem to figure out how to get the variable
alert_info passed to the actual channel (in my case a SIP phone) that an agent is logged in at.

Please can someone give me a pointer in the right direction ;)

Thanx!

Probably best illustrated in an example:

Below works great and tells SIP/123 to pick up the call from asterisk then it dials the desired
extension:

SetVar: _alert_info=auto_answer
Channel: SIP/123
Context: autodial
Exten: 123456789

Below doesn't pass alert_info to the sip phone the agent is logged in at, so the agent has to
answer the call before the destination extension is dialed:

SetVar: _alert_info=auto_answer
Channel: AGENT/1001
Context: autodial
Exten: 123456789