[Asterisk-Users] Panasonic PBX -to- Sirrix BRI: Numbers getting echoed/duplicated

David Wilson dave at dcdata.co.za
Wed Jul 13 23:53:25 MST 2005

Hi guys,

How's things going ?

Got a bit of a weird one here that I've been unable to solve.

I have a Panasonic PBX linked to a Sirrix Quad BRI card that is running in TE (ptp) mode in a Asterisk box - this then links through Internet to another Asterisk box via IAX2.

When a user on the Panasonic PBX system dials the extension of my Sirrix Asterisk box, Asterisk answers and says "Please dial the number of the person you are looking for....". This is done with cmd "Background".
When this user enters an extension number to call the numbers that get picked up by Asterisk are repeated/echoed.

For example, if a user enters "19" at the voice prompt, Asterisk picks it up as "1199" and tries to then dial "1199" out to the remote Asterisk server.

Any ideas what causes this ?

Kindest regards
David Wilson
D c D a t a