[Asterisk-Users] OT: DS3 -> VoIP Hardware Recommendations

Andrew Thrift andrew at thrift.kicks-ass.net
Wed Jul 13 21:44:20 MST 2005

I fully agree with this, I maintain Lucent/Ascend MAX TNT's and Lucent
APX 8000's, these are carrier class machines and definately have the
processing power. They are very configurable and most telco technicians
will have experience with them.

I have only tested a MAX TNT running 16 E1's and 2 DSP-96 cards but it
worked extremely well.

Using a single DS3 LIM and 6 DSP96 cards would provide enough ports,
however remember that NO GIGABIT module is available for the MAX TNT and
you cannot VLAN them.