[Asterisk-Users] Any suggestions for an IP phone?

Tom tom at ispstuff.com
Wed Jul 13 19:22:40 MST 2005

Since there are so many Polycom fans here....

I bought a new Polycom IP500 about 8 months ago to compare with a Cisco
7940g while we where still in selection mode.  We ended up going with Cisco
7960g and 7905g IP phones as our standard.  If anyone wants to trade me
Cisco for this Polycom, please contact me off list.  It only had a couple
of weeks of use and is just gathering dust here.

A big part of our decision was not about features (which are very similar)
but instead about form and function.  Pick the handset up and use the
phone.  Cisco won hands down with our test subjects.

Tom