[Asterisk-Users] Faxing Suggestions

Jay Milk jay at skimmilk.net
Wed Jul 13 15:13:52 MST 2005

SECOND!

I was faced with either trying to get spanDSP to work on a SIP trunk
with an old Sharp fax machine (or a fax modem), or signing up with
Trustfax.  I'm keeping all my documents in PDF anyway, so this seemed
like a good option.  Cost-wise, they're definitely ahead for me -- a
dedicated DID would cost me $2/month at best.  While I first thought
their UI was a bit awkward, I've recently come to love it as I had to
send and receive aout 160 pages in one week.  It's nice to be able to
keep incoming and outgoing faxes online for re-use.

Of all the options out there, this is the least expensive for us
low-volume users.

Lastly, even though I haven't spent more than $30 there so far, two
calls to tech support were answered promptly and courteously.  One was
an issue on their side which was fixed within an hour, the other was
related to a problem on my network.