[Asterisk-Users] OT: DS3 -> VoIP Hardware Recommendations

Matthew Boehm mboehm at cytelcom.com
Wed Jul 13 08:06:33 MST 2005

Hello all,
  We are looking for some hardware requirements/recommendations to be
able to handle a full DS3's worth of TDM -> VoIP traffic. The DS3 would
bring 24 calls per T1 x 28 T1s = 672 simultaneous calls. We would then
need to convert those calls into G729 SIP VoIP calls to send to our
asterisk box over ethernet. Since everything is going in/out of asterisk
is 729, and no features are needed, I think it can handle the routing.
If not, I can whip up a SER box.

  We currently have a Cisco 7206VXR (1 voice resource) and a Cisco
AS5300 (120 voice resources). The DS3 will also have SS7 signaling on it.

Recommendations/comments/concerns/rants are graciously welcomed.

Thanks,
Matthew