[Asterisk-Users] Any suggestions for an IP phone?

Chris Mason (Lists) lists at masonc.com
Wed Jul 13 06:58:46 MST 2005

rudolfl at optusnet.com.au wrote:

>Polycom does not support Asterisk.
>Thsi does not mean phones do not work with it.
>
>Rudolf
>P.S. I am having troubles setting up Polycom 300 with tftp server. By some reason phones always say "can not contact boot server". Phones are set to use tftp and correct boot server IP is set via dhcp.
>I will investigate further, but any suggestions are appreciated.

I always use FTP instead, it works famously. Make sure you configure the
ftp server in DHCP or in the ftp servers settings, as an IP of course,
and that you change the ftp password to the password for the user
PlcmSpIp on the server.

After that it's flawless.

 >Polycom does not support Asterisk.
Polycom, the company, does not support the use of the phones with
Asterisk. Who cares? SIP is a standard, we don't need any help from them
and we don't need their blessing. The phones are excellent quality and
work very well with Asterisk, there's no support issue.

--
Chris Mason
NetConcepts
Yahoo IM: netconcepts_anguilla at yahoo.com