[Asterisk-Users] How to avoid collect calls on ISDN BRI trunks?

Armin Schindler armin at melware.de
Wed Jul 13 06:27:52 MST 2005

On Tue, 12 Jul 2005, Armin Schindler wrote:
> On Tue, 12 Jul 2005, Dhennys Pestana wrote:
> > Hello, Armin!
> > Flash() should issue a flash for a few milliseconds, just like flash button on
> > some analog phones.
> > As far as I know (based on Google and AsteriskBrasil.org search), it works only
> > on ZAP channels for now.
> > I found out Flash() runs smoothly on analog channels when receiving calls with
> > FXO interfaces (like Intel537 modems).
> > I'm not an ISDN expert, but if there's any way to add this feature to the CAPI
> > level I'm pretty sure most ISDN users would love it. :)
>
> I know the 'flash' on analog lines, but I don't know what kind of
> information must be sent on ISDN lines to 'emulate' this.
> I will try to find out, but maybe someone here can help out.

I had a closer look to Flash() of *, but this is only for analog zap
devices, so not usable in any way here.

In q.931 there exists an info-element 'reverse charging indication'. I don't
know enough about this info-element, but it sounds like what you need.
Can you provide chan_capi-cm log of level 5 with 'capi debug' of such a
call?

Armin