[Asterisk-Users] IP Phone with Standard Power Ethernet

Pavel Jezek pavel.jezek at i.cz
Wed Jul 13 02:09:07 MST 2005

no, your statement is wrong!
cisco phones are NOT 802.3af compliant (except 7970/71), no matter if
had G or not!
we have all phones with "G" 7912G, 7940G, 7960G (withouh "G" are old,
obsolete models) and are not working with 802.3af compliant power device
(like planet POE-2400).
these phones will successfull work with cisco poe switches (mainly
pre-standard + 802.af support) or power devices with support for cisco
power detection like powerdsine, look at www.powerdsine.com, it works
exactly as mentioned on this web...
PJ