[Asterisk-Users] Pushing new firmware to Snom 190

Nils Ohlmeier Nils.Ohlmeier at snom.de
Wed Jul 13 01:39:15 MST 2005

On Tuesday 12 July 2005 20:02, Patrick Friedel wrote:
> And you may need to set firmware_interval (that might be a 360 only
> option), which is scaled in (minutes? seconds? Seconds with a minimum of
> 60?  Whatever it is, it's _incredibly_ sticky.).  I guess for me the
> next question is whether there is a more user-friendly way of forcing
> the updates?  I've got the chain set up, it rebooted and found the new

You can send a NOTIFY to the phone with 'Event: check-sync', to tell the phone
it should re-read its settings. If the settings contain a new firmware, and
the phone is set to auto-update it should (see below) update to the new
firmware automatically.

> firmware nicely enough, but the only change it did was indicate on the
> phone that there was a new firmware available on the status line - it
> didn't actually load the new firmware until the EU asked for it.  No
> biggie in my SOHO (3 whole phones!), but in a huge rollout I could see
> that being really annoying.

That is probably related to what Bob already described: we inserted a
protection against upgrading the firmware during a running call.
Unfortunately this protection was a little bit to strong. With firmware 3.60f
or later this should not happen any more.

Regards
  Nils Ohlmeier
--
snom technology AG            Gradestr. 46    D-12347 Berlin
Nils Ohlmeier