[Asterisk-Users] Cisco 79XX Jitter Stats Question

Andrew Herdman andrew at whine.com
Tue Jul 12 19:17:12 MST 2005

Actually I don't think it would matter if reinvite was on or not.  The
asterisk server in this case would simply be passing the RTP stream from and
to the LD provider to the phone.  Seeing the asterisk server is not
generating the stream, the jitter will be end to end, because asterisk is
simply acting as an RTP router.

End-to-End being defined as to where the RTP packets start, and end.

Andrew