[Asterisk-Users] Unable to call certain 800 numbers through Teliax

Cullin J. Wible cwible at algorim.com
Tue Jul 12 18:03:42 MST 2005

We are unable to call certain 800 numbers through Teliax but I thought I
would post this here and see if anyone else had the same problem with either
Teliax or other carriers.

The 800 numbers causing problems pick-up the call right away and are in the
US - American Airlines (8004337300) and Staples (800-378-2753) - we can call
many other 800 numbers just fine.

Our asterisk setup has a 4-port digium analog card as well as a Teliax
account, currently connected via IAX2. We are able to call the 800-numbers
above through the digium card but not through Teliax. We have also tried
calling the numbers with Asterisk and SIP through Teliax with no-luck
either. We have also tried using several IAX soft-phones (using iaxComm)
directly with Teliax account (no Asterisk) and have the same problem.

The *only* way that we have been able to call these numbers through Teliax
is to directly X-Lite directly connected to Teliax through SIP - so Teliax
claims that it is not a problem with their service, but with Asterisk.

In examining the asterisk log output it appears that the channel is never
answered and continues to ring indefinately. My guess is that there is a
timing issue with the signals being sent and recieved by Asterisk and Teliax
and that the "answered" is probably being transmitted before the "ringing"
signal and is therefore being ignored by asterisk and iaxComm.

If anyone could give this a shot and see what works or doesn't work that
would be great.

We have reproduced this with Asterisk 1.0.7 and 1.0.9.

Thanks,

Cullin