[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk realtime failover problems

Matthew Boehm mboehm at cytelcom.com
Tue Jul 12 07:40:38 MST 2005

Mohamed A. Gombolaty wrote:
> Dear All,
>
> I was trying to use Realtime Asterisk option for Sip users and peers +
> Heartbeat + Mysql Replication in order to make a failover system, so
> that if Ast1 went down for any reason, Ast2 server will have the same
> data that Ast1 used in the Mysql database and don't need to make the
> phones re-register.
>
> But when I started testing:
>
> the calls that where active during the transition between the two
> servers where disconnected (the two phones are talking peer to peer
> thanks to the canreinvite option but they we still sending UDP packets
> to port 1025 to the asterisk server),
>
> the phones must re-register with the new server though the Mysql server
> was replicated and the new server should have the data it needs.
>
> Has anyone trid doing this before, or does anyone have any idea if this
> should work or is there another way to do so, I will really appreciate
> it very much if anyone has any helping pointers.

It was not necessary for you to post twice.

The behavior you are looking for is also what someone else is looking
for. Look for this subject "Enabling rtcachefriends prevents phones
from	calling each other" in your emails.

Perhaps you and Rana can put together a bounty for this project. I'll
gladly accept it.

-Matthew