[Asterisk-Users] IP Phone with Standard Power Ethernet

Michael J. Tubby B.Sc (Hons) G8TIC mike.tubby at thorcom.co.uk
Tue Jul 12 07:15:51 MST 2005

The statements about Cisco and PoE aren't strictly correct.

Cisco 7940 and 7960 phones without the "G" ("global") suffix used Cisco PoE
and had their keys labled in local languages. The 7940G and 7960G "Global"
phones are IEEE 802.3af PoE and have the keys engraved with icons and stick
over labels.

Cisco PoE switches like the C3560-48-PS support both Cisco PoE and IEEE
802.3af PoE automagically.

The Cisco 7912G supports IEEE 802.3af PoE and is a very nice singel line
phone - I have about 8 dotted around the internet at various friends and
family.

Mike

Hi,

OptiPoint 4x0/600 supports IEEE 802.3af.