[Asterisk-Users] Re: DTMF not sending properly via IAX

Tony Mountifield tony at softins.clara.co.uk
Tue Jul 12 01:31:41 MST 2005

In article <9e7e0d8a050711154850930e2a at mail.gmail.com>,
Mark Edwards <mark.p.edwards at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Tony
>  I am having a similar issue to you - from the 'other' direction in that
> when I connect to * via IAX2 the DTMF is being ignored. I am running HEAD at
> the moment.
>  (and for the benefit of another subscriber so that they don't have to
> invoke their autoresponder I acknowlege that DTMF is sent out of band over
> IAX...)
>  http://bugs.digium.com/view.php?id=4631
>  Does this bear any relation?

I'm not sure. Incoming DTMF using IAX2 from the PSTN via my provider to my
box seems to work fine. When my box tries to send DTMF, it appears that
the first digit of the string is translated by the provider into DTMF tones
over the PSTN, but then subsequent digits in the same string, although sent
by IAX2 from my box, are not translated by the provider.

I remember reading something some time ago about DTMF getting lost due to
sequence number problems, but I can't remember whether that was SIP or IAX.

I'm hoping to avoid having to delve into the code myself, due to lack of
time, and I'm not even sure whether the problem is my end or the provider's.

Cheers
Tony

--
Tony Mountifield