[Asterisk-Users] Cepstral

Brian Capouch brianc at palaver.net
Tue Jul 12 01:18:54 MST 2005

Jim Archer wrote:
> --On Monday, July 11, 2005 12:02 AM -0400 Michael Stearne
> <mstearne at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> AT&T Natural voices seem to be pretty good.  You can hear samples here:
>> http://www.wizzardsoftware.com/att_desktop.php .  The Rich voice I
>> think sounds the best.  They are a little better than the Cepstral
>> voices.  But the Cepstral voices are vey good also.
>

> Wow, those do sound good.  I agree Rich seems to be the best.  Thanks
> very much.  For $300, I might just get it to play with...

Alberto doesn't sound too hot.  I can't imagine a native Spanish speaker
would be able to understand much of what he said--in my case I had
listened to the English speakers first, and knew what he was going to say!

MHO is that the Cepstral voices aren't as choppy.  I have been using
Cepstral's Frank voice with Asterisk for quite a while, and overall it's
a pretty high-functioning machine voice.

I would rate it higher than the ones I just listened to on the AT&T site.

B.