[Asterisk-Users] SIP NAT + m0n0wall 1:1 mapping

Colin Anderson ColinA at landmarkmasterbuilder.com
Mon Jul 11 23:11:10 MST 2005

>In my instance I'm using m0n0wall, but this is a hardware-neutral
>question.

Sometimes, yes and no. The trick in Monowall I founds is to use the " auto
add " in Monowall to create the rules. If you manually create the rule, she
don' work. Why? Dunno. Using 1.11 built on Thu Nov 11 23:02:41 CET 2004
generic-pc-cdrom. Works behind my mother in law's crappy SMC router with
appropriate rules created.

Firewall > NAT

Interface > Wan

External Address > External IP

Protocol: tcp/udp (snom for example can pass either)

Source: Any

Port: Any / Any

NAT IP > Your Asterisk Server IP

Local Port > (Other) 5060

" Auto-add a firewall rule to permit traffic through this NAT rule is
CHECKED! "

Firewall > NAT

Interface > WAN

External Address > External IP

Protocol > tcp/udp

Source > 10000-20000

Port > Any / Any

NAT IP > Your Asterisk Server IP

Local port > 10000:20000

" Auto-add a firewall rule to permit traffic through this NAT rule is
CHECKED! "

Tested w/ X-Ten & Snom 190 YMMV HTH