[Asterisk-Users] Howto get streaming mp3 at an extension?

asterisk at michiganbroadband.com asterisk at michiganbroadband.com
Mon Jul 11 22:15:27 MST 2005

Thanks!!!

>There's quite a bit about this in the wiki.

Yes.. there is indeed but it is not very descriptive...
Nor is it very easy to find as this is such a vast and huge wiki :-)
And I frequent the wiki daily and have been there for about 4 weeks
on many things as I am an Asterisk Newbie.

That's ok I was able to get it to work with a little trial/error!

I ended up doing something like this:
live => mp3:/var/lib/asterisk/live,http://server:8001/
and *not* /var/lib/asterisk/stream,http://server:8001/
Seems that it needs mp3: as well

Along with this:

exten => 4770,1,Answer
exten => 4770,2,SetMusicOnHold(live)
exten => 4770,3,MusicOnHold()
exten => 4770,4,Wait(20)
exten => 4770,5,Hangup

to extensions.conf

The two keys I was missing were the mp3: variable?
and the new 'class' (live)

I still have no idea exactly what the mp3: does
but it's working :-)
I'm 'guessing' it's defined somewhere else as the local mp3
software to use (mp3123)
It's very cool and works great!
Thanks for the pointer!

Steve