[Asterisk-Users] IP Phone with Standard Power Ethernet

chris gamble chris.gamble at cpbinc.com
Mon Jul 11 19:31:43 MST 2005

I am looking at phones for my asterisk system and seem to have a problem.
The only Power over Ethernet phones I can find that support the IEEE
standard are 3com. Cisco uses its own proprietary ( and is expensive to
boot ), snom has a different but equally non-IEEE method, and i'm havent
found another phone that I'm confident can do the job for our office.

Whats a good high quality ip phone that uses IEEE power over ethernet --
or is there a problem with IEEE power over ethernet??