[Asterisk-Users] Re: passing through MWI info from SBC

Mike Myers mikesm559 at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 11 13:48:22 MST 2005

Well, it looks like there is no way for Asterisk to
read the MWI fsk tones from the PSTN at this time.
Sigh...  Anyways, I am going to get a couple outboard
boxes with MWI indicators on them, and see if my wife
can deal with that to tell if a message is waiting
instead of the MWI on the handset.  Does anyone here
have some recommendations for such devices, preferably
with large MWI's?  I have plenty of CAT5 jacks in the
house, so running an analog signal around next to the
ethernet that feeds the VOIP phones is easy.

I have seen some caller-ID products that have this,
but it's a pretty small MWI on the ones I have looked
at.  I'd like something like the MWI that's on the
existing Nortel ventures - big, bright flashing red if
lit.  :-)

Thanks,
Mike