[Asterisk-Users] Confernce Volume Issues

Andre Normandin anorman at superdata.com
Mon Jul 11 10:09:53 MST 2005

Hi,

I'm hoping someone can point me in the right direction to fix this issue..

I just recently have a need to have a group of people (5 to be exact) talk via a conference call on a semi-regular basis.

The phone lines that are connected to a conference (meetme) are as such:

1. Local SIP (Analog phone using SPA-2000) -- ME
2. Remote SIP (Analog Phone using SPA-2000) via Internet
3. Standard Analog Line via clone X100P card
4. Standard Analog Line via Clone X100P card
5. VOIP Phone line (Broadvoice) via Internet

All 5 lines work perfectly fine, and when any two lines connect to each other, both parties hear the other (save occasional Internet blips with Broadvoice) perfectly fine, volume is correct, etc..

When all 5 meet in the conference, I (Phone #1, local SIP) can hear everyone fine, however:

The Analog callers (#3 & #4) say that they can hear each other, and me just fine, but the Remote Sip (2) and Broadvoice (5) are very "low volume" and can barely hear them.

Conversly, the Remote SIP and Broadvoice callers say they hear Local SIP (Me) and each other just fine, but the Analog callers are very "soft" and can barely hear them.

Like I said, the analog lines are used all the time, and I've tweaked the TX/RX gain so they sound normal during regular phone calls.. Is there some place I can tweak their Gains for Meetme?

Or, is there something I can do to the SIP callers to raise their "gain" while in the conference?

And, of course, the really strange thing is that I (Local SIP, #1) hear everybody perfectly..

Thanks for any ideas/suggestions you can give me,
                          - Andre