[Asterisk-Users] Zaptel configuration for Argentina

Juan Jose Comellas juanjo at comellas.com.ar
Mon Jul 11 09:21:07 MST 2005

I'm having some trouble dialing phone numbers in Argentina with Digium Zaptel
cards. Does anyone have some sample configuration that works with Digium
TDM04B cards in Argentina? I'm mainly referring to the /etc/zaptel.conf
and /etc/asterisk/zapata.conf.

I have two Zaptel cards: the first one has 1 FXS port and 3 FXO ports; the
second one has 4 FXO ports.

My current configuration is the following:

---- /etc/zaptel.conf
loadzone=us
defaultzone=us

# The first Zaptel card has the FXS port.
fxoks=1
fxsks=2-8

---- /etc/asterisk/zapata.conf
[channels]
rxgain=0.0
txgain=0.0
musiconhold=default
busydetect=yes
busycount=5
callprogress=yes
echocancel=yes

; Internal FAX machine (FXS #1)
signalling=fxo_ks
language=en
immediate=no
callwaiting=yes
context=pstn-outbound-fax
channel => 1

; Fax phone line (FXO #8)
signalling=fxs_ks
language=en
group=2
callerid=asreceived
context=pstn-inbound-fax
channel => 8

; Voice phone lines (FXO #2, #3, #4, #5, #6, #7)
signalling=fxs_ks
language=en
callwaiting=yes
callwaitingcallerid=yes