[Asterisk-Users] Problems with a new box of asterisk@home 1.3

Fabrizzio Valencia vfabrizzio at spymac.com
Mon Jul 11 08:38:45 MST 2005

Thanks for all answers.

I begin telling you that I'm new to the asterisk world, so I started with
asterisk at home because of its easy installation and setup.

I'm doing my tests at home. I have a local network 192.168.1.0 class C
(255.255.255.0), my asterisk box has IP 192.168.1.42 and my computer has IP
192.168.1.51 (my DHCP server releases IPs from 51 to 100).

As the manual says I downloaded X-Ten SIP soft phone and intalled it. Then I
installed asterisk at home and chaged the IP using netconfig to 192.168.1.42
then restarted. After the restart I entered by web to setup asterisk. As the
manual says I've configured externsion 200 with password abc123 (I've
deleted the previous extension to configure it again)

Then in X-Ten I configured this way in the default SIP:
    Enabled: Yes
    Username: 200
    Authorization user: 200
    Password: abc123
    SIP Proxy: 192.168.1.42
    Out bound proxy: 192.168.1.42

I didn't touch anything else.

As I mentioned Zaptel service doesn't works but I don't think this is the
problem because thanks to Steve I know this service is for meetme.

Thanks guys for your anwers.

Fabrizzio Valencia