[Asterisk-Users] 2.6.13 Kernels

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at digium.com
Mon Jul 11 06:31:46 MST 2005

Dave Cotton wrote:
> First, thanks to Kevin for the quick response to the 'minor' problem
> that zaptel had with 2.6.13 kernels.

You are welcome :-)

> 100 HZ is a typical choice for servers, SMP and NUMA systems
> with lots of processors that may show reduced performance if
> too many timer interrupts are occurring.

It's always bugged me that my servers have to run with 1000Hz timer
frequency just because someone decided that was better for interactive
performance, so I consider this a big improvement.

> 250 HZ is a good compromise choice allowing server performance
> while also showing good interactive responsiveness even
> on SMP and NUMA systems.

And this appears to be the default, as well. This means that USE_RTC in
ztdummy is going to be mandatory for 2.6.13+.