[Asterisk-Users] NoOp

Tzafrir Cohen tzafrir at cohens.org.il
Sun Jul 10 21:02:23 MST 2005

On Sun, Jul 10, 2005 at 05:27:06PM -0700, George Garvey wrote:
> I believed from reading that NoOp would display something on the
> console. I assume the console is * in the foreground.

astterisk -r provides basically the same functionality . Generally
people overuse the option '-c' and tie asterisk to a specific terminal.
What should asterisk do when that terminal will blow away?

> During testing,
> I've often been running * as:
> 	asterisk -C/etc/asterisk.inX/asterisk.conf -cvnf
> Does that qualify as a console? Does "asterisk -r" qualify as a
> console?

Asterisk -r connects to a unix-domain-socket , whose path can be
controlled in asterisk.conf (it resides in the astrundir) .

If you use several config files for running several copies of asterisk,
you need to provide different astrundir-s.