[Asterisk-Users] Remote SIP Connection using Asterisk // Cisco7940's

Tom Rymes trymes at rymesheating.com
Sun Jul 10 12:17:27 MST 2005

Have you tried setting the extension to nat=yes in Asterisk, and then
enabling the "NAT Enable" and "NAT Received Processing Enable" on the
phones? There may be a NAT in between that you do not know about, or
it might help for unknown reasons, but it certainly cannot hurt to
try! From my experience, you do not want to specify a "NAT WAN
Address" for the phone, because that will limit you to only one
working connection behind the NAT.

Again, you might have no NAT, but it can't hurt. This raises another
question I have: Is there any reason to NOT specify "nat=yes" for all
of your extensions, even if they are not behind NAT? From what I can
tell, it will help if the phone is indeed behind a NAT, and will not
hurt if it isn't.... (I assume that I must be missing something here...)

Tom