[Asterisk-Users] phantom incomming calls from asterisk

r00t intrusiondetection at gmail.com
Sun Jul 10 10:31:51 MST 2005

I have had this same problem for quite some time on one of my setups.
Everyday around the same time I get a phantom ring. If I'm at the
location I pick up the sip phone asterisk rings and hangup. Asterisk
hangs up the zap line...then answers the zap line again. This happens
anywhere from 2-4 times in a row. If I am not at the location asterisk
keeps the line off hook for an extended period of time, enough to
where I hear a warning from my telco "If you'd like to make a call
please hangup and try again" ( I noticed this from listening to
recordings,all incoming calls are recorded ).  At 3 other locations
this has never happened. I previously had busydetect=yes and
busycount=4. After seeing the response by Rich I changed busycount to
6. The problem remains. I'm going to try an even higher busycount
number and hope things clear up.

~Jeremy